Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Nail Art Tutorial: Skittle nails

Hey guys! Today I took full advantage of Priceline's 40% off cosmetics sale by grabbing a whole bunch of fabulous nail polishes! To celebrate I thought i'd do a nail tutorial for Skittle nails, the easiest nail tutorial ever!


YOU WILL NEED:
Nail polish remover (If needed)
5 Rainbow coloured nail polishes
1 White nail art pen (And a steady hand or helpful friend!)


My Favourite nail products! This Nailene nail polish remover pot is a life saver! It's full of acetone and pink bristles. You literally put you finger in, let it soak for a second and then scrub your nail on the bristles. Getting rid of mass amounts of polish has never been easier!

I also use Sally Hansen's Insta Dry, to quicken the drying process (Also great for nail art when you use too much nail polish but need it to dry for the next step) and Sally Hansen Miracle nail hardener as a base coat since I have thin nails.

Before i removed my nail polish with Nailene
After i removed my nail polish with Nailene
Next are my colours! I used Essence nail colours, they're super bright and super cheap and decent quality. The nail pen is from Sportsgirl

Next I painted each nail a different colour (2 coats depending on colour and and constancy of the polish) I also had to change blues and ended up using a BYS cracking polish (hence why it looks so horrid!)
Next I drew on some S's with nail pen
Finish with a top coat and you're done!

I'd love to see your Skittle nails! feel free to link me in the comments below.

Until next time x.


No comments:

Post a Comment